Labor Updates By Daddy: Elijah Elijah's Birth Story

This post, written by Greg, originally appeared on MommyDaddyBlog.com.

We are currently at the hospital where Mommy is in labor! She started having contractions at 5:07 AM this morning. We wrote down the times and lengths of every contraction. Once her contractions were 10 minutes apart and 90 seconds in duration, we checked into the hospital. Last time her cervix was checked (hour and a half ago), she was 4 cm dilated. Her contractions have become more painful and are now only 2-3 minutes apart. We were told that she should reach 10 cm and be ready to deliver by this evening!

Mommy is doing REALLY good. I cannot begin to explain how proud I am of her! I can tell that her contractions are really painful, but she is taking it very, very well. She is such a strong woman. Boogie is going to be so happy that he has such a wonderful mommy. I keep telling her that he is going to be so proud of her.

If you are passing through Mommy Daddy Blog today, please take a minute to show Mommy some support. As stated before, she is taking this extremely well and I am so, so proud of her. She told me to tell everyone she said Hi and that she’s bouncing on the birthing ball to ease her contractions!

Update 4:10 PM: Mommy is now 5cm dilated and we think her water may have broken. Her contractions are now just one minute apart, and she is still doing amazing. She is so beautiful right now and I love her with all my heart.

Update 4:33 PM: Mommy is now 6cm dilated, and is still handling this whole thing like the strong woman that she is. Seriously, this woman is Superwoman.

Update 6:36 PM: Mommy went ahead and got the epidural. The pain of the contractions were too excruciating for her. However, epidural or not, Mommy was strong. She still is strong, and I am still very proud of her. She is doing so well. After getting the epidural, Mommy and I got a little nap time in (we hardly got any sleep last night). She is now 6.5cm dilated without contractions and 8cm dilated with contractions.

Update 9:37 PM: As I type this, my face is drenched and eyes blurred with tears of joy. This is the best day of my life. My son is here. My beautiful baby boy. 7 lbs. 0.7 oz. , 20 in., born at 8:18 PM. I love my little son with all my heart. He looked up at me, grabbed my finger, and smiled at me. I can’t stop crying. He is so beautiful.

Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Pin on Pinterest0

52 Responses to Labor Updates By Daddy: Elijah Elijah's Birth Story

1. Chrissy says:

Congrats to both of you! You’ll be able to see your son in no time. I’m sending positive energy your way and hopefully the labor will be a breeze!

Chrissy’s last blog post..04.26.08

2. barbetti says:

Congrats Greg & Sheena! How very, very exciting! All my prayers for a peaceful labor and that you are able to get rest in the hours after!

Can’t wait to see photos of your beautiful baby!

barbetti’s last blog post..What Might Be the Most Important Post I’ve Ever Written* (AKA, Probably the Longest Post I’ve Ever Written)

3. how exciting! sheena is in my thoughts today. sending her lots of positive energy for a peaceful labor and birth. :)
    and you sound like such a supportive husband, greg. keep up the great work. :)

Crunchy Domestic Goddess’s last blog post..What goes in, must come out – A lesson in digestion

4. Jenn says:

Congratulations to both of you! Wow, Sheena progressed very quickly from the sounds of it! *envious* But that’s great. Whoo hoo!
    Take lots of pictures! I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed, hoping everything goes smoothly! :)

Jenn’s last blog post..Happy!

5. Helen says:

Omg OMG OMG!!!!! Congratulations!!! I can’t wait to see the next post. Good luck, Sheena!!!

Helen’s last blog post..The Picture Meme

6. Maryam says:

Congrats! Can’t wait for the next update…

Maryam’s last blog post..New Review

7. Got your Tweet! WOW! Congratulations!

8. Leslie says:

Congrats mommy and daddy!!!

Leslie’s last blog post..Slacker!!

9. Mika says:

Congrats!!! I hope everything goes well!

10. 1stopmom says:

OMG, OMG. I am so excited!!! I am so happy for you guys and you are in my prayers. YAYYYYYY!

1stopmom’s last blog post..Friday Fill ins

11. Debbie says:

How exciting! Congrats to you both! Hoping all continues to go well as it has been! Can’t wait to see pics!

12. Congratulations!!! I immediately flashed back to the birth of my daughter this past August.

Thanks to you two, I get to re-live some of that.

Elliott – 21st Century Dad’s last blog post..Riding My Bike To Save Money

13. Miracle says:

Checking on your progress. I’m so happy for you two. I can’t wait until the little one makes his debut. I’m sending you guys tons of well wishes. Go Sheena!!!!

14. Holly says:

Congratulations! This post is so beautiful, I can barely take it! In fact, I am sitting here crying just because of the amount of love being shared between the two of you. You two are beautiful and you are going to be amazing, amazing, amazing parents.

Holly’s last blog post..Vote For Your Favorite Undies and Help Cervical Cancer Research

15. Jessica says:

Congrats Mommy & Daddy! :) Very excited for the both of you.

Jessica’s last blog post..More updates?

16. laura says:

Phew! I’m having flashbacks too. :P

Keep being encouraging, Daddy! Sounds like you’re saying just the right things. And stay strong, Mommy! Boogie will be proud of you, and thankful too. :)

laura’s last blog post..Deeder meets Luca

17. Miracle says:

Congrats Sheena & Greg!!!!! Happy Birthday, Boogie! Awww you guys are parents!!

18. Jennifer says:

Congratulations! Your mom definitely made it just in time. I can’t wait to see the baby pictures.

Jennifer’s last blog post..In Solidarity: Global Day for Darfur

19. Lindsey says:

Once again, I’m so happy for you two. The father seems VERY happy about having a son.
    Can’t wait to see pictures.!

Lindsey’s last blog post..I’ve been tagged

20. Helen says:

Perhaps this hits so close to home because I’m into my 3rd trimester, or perhaps it’s because I’ve been following your journey for the past 6 months, but whatever it is, this post moved me to tears. I’m so happy for the both of you!!! :) :) :) Congratulations!!

Helen’s last blog post..Bloodwork & Hiccups

21. Ambrosia says:

Congrats! I stopped here a few days ago and read about mucus plug. I lost mine the same day I went into labor I had my daughter, so I figured I would stop by and see what was going on.

I can’t wait for the pictures!

22. 1stopmom says:

Yayyyyyyy! My heart is filled with so much joy for you guys. Congratulations!!!!! No longer are you guys parents to be. You are officially Parents :)

1stopmom’s last blog post..Friday Fill ins

23. Jen says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Enjoy your time with your new son!! :)

Jen’s last blog post..My day yesterday

24. Elizabeth says:

Congrats! I’m so excited and happy for you both! Enjoy it all while you can, it will go by so fast.

25. Krystle says:

That’s great news!! :) Congratulations for the birth of baby Boogie! :)

26. Jenn says:

Congratulations Sheena and Greg! Takes loads and LOADS of pictures!!!

And hey, no worries about the epidural. Contractions are EXCRUCIATING. I was in active labor for over 24 hours when I caved for one, because my body was too exhausted to progress any further while dealing with such intense pain. I know just how Sheena felt.

Anyway, again, CONGRATS! Rest well Mommy! :)

Jenn’s last blog post..Happy!

27. Candace Wyatt - Mommy to be with 8 weeks to go! says:

CONGRATS MOMMY AND DADDY!!! I’ve been reading your blog for the last 2 or 3 weeks and you guys remind me so much of my husband and I. I started crying when I read that Boogie arrived this evening… you guys will be wonderful parents! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

28. Maryam says:

Congats again! I cried when I read the last update what a beautiful expression of love for your entire family.

Maryam’s last blog post..New Review

29. Ms.Matashi says:

Congratulations guys. I am so excited for the both of you. I will praying that everything goes well. The time has finally come for you guys.

30. Jessica says:

CONGRATS again! And now the real fun begins!! Rest up while you guys have the chance. I’m ecstatic for you guys–surely not a fraction of how happy you 3 are. Welcome to the world Boogie!

Jessica’s last blog post..on my face

31. mommy.on.top says:

Congratulations to both of you! Can’t wait for the pics of Boogie! Good luck to breastfeeding, parenting, and life in general. :)

mommy.on.top’s last blog post..The announcement

32. Thea says:

YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats mom & dad!!!!

33. dara says:

OMG! Ya’ll have me in tears. And tell Mommy she is strong with or w/out epidural!!!! The very act of incubating another human being for 9 months takes enormous strength! CONGRATS to both of you. You are in for a wonderful ride!

dara’s last blog post..Mommy Milestone: First Braid

34. Brandy says:

Congrats on the two of you! I’m very happy for the both of you. I look forward to following your adventures.

Brandy’s last blog post..Out on a limb.

35. Elle says:

Congrats to the both of you! (=

Elle’s last blog post..SJSU Honor’s Convocation

36. Ana says:

BLESSING ABOUND! CONGRATS! I can’t wait to see the pix. :)

Ana’s last blog post..Thrifty Thursday: Better Butter

37. Tina Silva says:

That is wonderful news and congrats on becoming new parents!! Can’t wait to see a photo of the lil guy. All the best to you three!!

Tina Silva’s last blog post..A “blah” day

38. B says:

Congratulations to both of you!

39. […] to everyone who stopped by yesterday! Mommy and I really appreciate it! I’ll make sure to keep you guys updated when I can! […]

40. Gina says:

To read that just brought tears of joy to my eyes. CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH!!!!!! Makes me wanna do it again….

Gina’s last blog post..PeaceLoveMom: A Celebration of Motherhood

41. Keisha says:

I’m crying too.
    CONGRATULATIONS SHEENA & GREG !!!
    WELCOME BOOGIE !!!

42. regina says:

Wow, Congrats to you Mommy & Daddy!
    Peace & Love!r

regina’s last blog post..Blog Of The Week #10 – I Don’t Give A Bleep!

43. tanyetta says:

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is so beautiful :)

tanyetta’s last blog post..Encouraging your toddler to LOVE chores.

44. mihoriel says:

Congrats Mom & Daddy! Happy Birthday, Boogie! Awww you guys are parents!! And reading was so exciting especially since it led to a beautiful boy.

45. Jazzy says:

I’ve been lurking on this site since you both found out your exciting news. This is the best post ever written on this blog! I’m very excited for you both. Congratulations!

46. Jared says:

Congrats! That finger grab is killer, eh? I feel ya. Totally had me choked up too. Enjoy it man…they grow up fast! :D

Jared’s last blog post..If You Show This To My Future Girlfriends…

47. Brie says:

Congratulations you two! What a special time in your lives.

48. Aubree says:

This was amazing to read. What a beautiful male point of view, Greg! ^-^

Aubree’s last blog post..Truth.

49. April 2008: A Month In Review | Mommy Daddy Blog says:

[…] my everything. If any of you recall, yesterday (May 8th) was his expected due date. But he ended up arriving 12 days early, and he’ll officially be two weeks old tomorrow. I’ve been told numerous times to enjoy […]

50. Funmilayo says:

I’m so happy for you guys, I have been reading your blog sporadically, a friend recommended it, I’m on my way to pop too, 35 weeks preggo this week, and it’s been refreshing reading your blogs :)
    Congratulations and God bless!

51. Win A Blessed Nest Egg Pillow! | Mommy Daddy Blog says:

[…] but he actually tried to steal it from me. Pregzilla wasn’t having it! When I started having contractions, I was sure to place my nesting pillow by my overnight bag. After Boogie was born we used it as a […]